Dates & Location
August 27-30, 2017
Orange County Convention Center
PWX draws thousands of public works professionals from all over the world. If you're like many, you have limited resources for professional development, so you've chosen APWA's PWX 2017 in Orlando as your preferred venue for:
- Outstanding education sessions that address current public works issues—as well as ongoing challenges. Choose from more than 125 technical and professional development sessions that will be presented by your colleagues—who will impart their vital knowledge and experience to you. APWA's education sessions are based on the very latest learning models—classroom, interactive and "live" learning labs.
- The chance to see an extensive gathering of exhibitors and The Expo Experience that will showcase the latest products, services and technologies specific to public works. Special "non-compete" hours allow you to visit the floor—uninterrupted.
- Opportunities to network with your peers, hone your leadership abilities and learn new job skills. APWA offers PWX attendees MANY opportunities to meet and mingle with your peers—the Get Acquainted Party, Awards Ceremony and more! Build lasting professional relationships and make a few lifelong friends at the same time.
APWA Connect Live on the Exhibit Floor
At APWA's booth on the exhibit floor, our goal is to provide attendees with an environment where each of you can meet public works experts, network with your peers and stay up-to-date with the latest happenings in public works. We've added so much, you might have a hard time leaving! Don't worry, we'll also have knowledgeable APWA Staff available to answer your show questions and provide you with information on APWA products and programs.
New Product Showcase
One of the most popular features at PWX, the New Product Showcase is a must-see attraction. Get the change to see, touch and feel the latest products and developments recently introduced to the public works industry over the last year…and vote for your favorites! The winner will be announced as the Best New Product of 2017 at the General Session on Tuesday, August 29. Check out the participating companies in this year’s New Product Showcase
and remember to stop by in Orlando!
Who Should Attend?
- Public Works Directors
- Superintendents and Managers
- Directors and Managers of Operations and Operations Personnel
- City and County Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Construction Directors and Managers
- Solid Waste Managers and Coordinators
- Public Fleet Directors and Managers
- Public Facilities and Grounds Directors and Managers
- Water Services Directors and Managers
- Streets/Roads/Bridges Directors and Managers
- Transportation Directors and Managers
- Stormwater and Flood Control Directors and Managers
- Emergency Management Directors and Coordinators
- City Planners
- Sustainability Specialists
- Anyone else whose responsibilities are public works-related
- Career & Personal Development
- Construction Management
- Emergency Management
- Engineering & Technology
- Fleet Services
- Parks & Grounds
- Snow & Ice
- Solid Waste
- Stormwater/Flood Control
- Traffic Engineering
- Water & Wastewater
Walt Disney World
After a day of enjoying all the education sessions and exhibits that PWX has to offer, attendees and guests can visit the Disney World parks after 3:00 p.m. at an exclusive discounted rate. Use this link for more information and to purchase your tickets.